The Balloon Live App
The application is the official FAI Balloon Live competition logger app.
The app is used in hot air balloon competition and has the following features:
- 2 app modes: training and competition
- Flight recording with Start/Stop functionality
- up to 8 different electronic marker drops
- up to 8 goal declaration slots
- recording in IGC-file format
- export as IGC-file
- Automatic flight resume on app restart (after force close)
- Connection to external GPS box (available later)
In competition mode:
- Synchronisation of competition settings and flight data from watchmefly.net
- Live tracks to watchmefly.net
Watchmefly.net is the main Balloon Live website for managing competitions and tracks. All recorded tracks in the Balloon Live app are stored on watchmefly.net. With this, watchmefly.net can offer:
Login as a pilot and have an overview of your past and upcoming competitions. Find your personal token/code to register your Balloon Live app to a competition and download all your recorded tracks directly on your personal profile page.
Competition officials can manage competition details, pilot list, flight and task settings, official noticeboard, measuring reports and download all recorded tracks immediately after landing.
Watchmefly.net has a lot more to offer.
- Create pilot account with your own profile
- View competition flight and task information
- Manage your own flights and logger tracks
- Upload and share your flight details
For competition officials:
- Show your event in the calendar of all events
- Publish your information and documents on an electronic noticeboard
- Publish a pilot list with link to their personal profile
- Create flights and tasks
- Manage the configuration of the Balloon Live app
- Use the online measuring report to publish results in realtime
- Manage measuring officials access
- Give scorers access to download the tracks
Watch a demonstration of all the new features that have been released on WatchMeFly, including Competitions, the Competition Center, the Measure Tool and the FAI Balloon Live app.